North Lakes School has a team of Governors whose main responsibilities are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction for the school;
- Holding the Headteacher and the Senior Leadership Team to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the Appraisal of staff;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure the funding provided is well spent.
They work with the Headteacher to plan for the improvement and development of the school. They visit the school frequently and meet on a regular basis to consider issues of leadership and management, teaching and learning, outcomes for pupils, pupil safety and wellbeing. The Governors’ key aim is to support the Headteacher, staff, pupils and parents in planning and delivering the best outcomes for the school.
There are often opportunities to join the Governing Body and we would welcome expressions of interest from parents who would like to join us to help make a difference to the school. Please contact the school office if you would like to know more.
‘Governors provide just the right balance of support and challenge for leaders. They are frequent visitors and know the school very well.’ - Ofsted 2018
Updated Oct 2022
- Mrs Jackie Alderson (Teaching & Learning Committee; Leadership & Management Committee) I am interested in what makes people tick and enjoy helping others reach their potential. I am married with 2 daughters, a dog and 2 pigs!
- Mrs Fiona Askins (Vice Chair of Governors, Personal Development, Behaviour and Attitudes Committee; Leadership & Management Committee) - Head of Savings at Penrith Building Society and a member of the Chamber of Trade Executive team. I love family and friends time above everything!
- Dr Martin Duke (Chair of Governors, Curriculum & Impact Committee; Leadership & Management Committee) - I joined in March 16. Recently retired chemist after 36 yr in industry. Enjoy walking, narrowboats, canals, cooking and all things science.
- Mrs India Campbell (Teaching & Learning Committee)
- Mrs Stacey Parkinson (Teaching & Learning Committee)
Local Authority Governor:
- Mrs Liz Appleby (Curriculum & Impact Committee) joined March 2019, work in Special Education supporting teaching staff in analysing Outcomes for Learners. I love to learn and helping others to enjoy their learning. Very keen sports fan and hill walker.
- Mrs Marie Gates (Personal Development, Behaviour and Attitudes Committee) I qualified as a certified accountant 12 years ago and work at a local accountancy firm. I am married with two children and I enjoy spending time with family and friends.
- Miss Katie Allen (Personal Development, Behaviour and Attitudes Committee) I work in Safeguarding within the NHS it is my passion and I hope to bring that to the role, I am family orientated and have 3 children
- Mrs Christine Mason (Teaching & Learning Committee)
- Mrs E Scantlebury (Personal Development, Behaviour and Attitudes Committee) I am a qualified Level 3 Beauty Therapist and former pupil of North Lakes School; it’s future is very important to me. I love nothing more than time with my family, I am married with two daughters and a son.
- Mr Mike Pincombe - Here 14 years & happy with great staff, governors & children. Excited at how school is growing. Love the outdoors, football, music & family time!
- Mrs Lindzi Greenwood (Curriculum & Impact Committee)
- Mr Nick Capron - I have been involved in education for over 40 years! I have held senior positions in local authorities in the UK.