The School Council is a group of pupils, elected by their classmates, who meet on a regular basis to discuss matters raised by the pupils in their class. A School Council involves pupils in processes which benefit the school and take part in decision making processes.
The School Council, which has run for many years, was introduced as a practical approach to the education of our pupils for responsible citizenship. It helps children to prepare themselves for the duties and responsibilities of law abiding adults in a democracy.
School Council has influenced the following initiatives:-
- Games boxes being provided at playtimes
- Improvements to cloakrooms
- Improving communication with Cumbria
- Catering Services and improving healthy choices for school meals
- Organising of football and netball activities at playtime
- Playground markings
- Developing of a trim trail around the school playing field
- Providing an extended wooden adventure trail and a seated shelter area.
The Council is also involved in meeting visitors and candidates for teaching posts in school.
Updated October 2015