Home Page

Personal Accident Insurance Cover

The provision for personal accident insurance is the responsibility of parents. Parents who are interested in this type of insurance should contact their local insurance broker or a leaflet can be obtained from school. Some parents may assume that if a child is injured at school the County Council is held responsible regardless of the circumstances and that its insurance will automatically apply. This is not so - the County Council’s responsibility is strictly limited to cases where there is negligence by them or their staff. Accidents can happen in school, on the sports field or during school visits, when the County Council or its staff are not in anyway at fault and are, therefore, not responsible.