On Thursday 26th November a large crowd of children and parents supported a really enjoyable Christmas Fair. The day had begun with a Christmas themed cake baking contest, and a fabulous selection of cakes were displayed in assembly that morning. Mr Pincombe had the very difficult job of judging the winners, and runners-up who are listed here:
- Coniston Winner: Lily-Anne Runners-Up: Jack G, Ollie, Finlay, Shay, Kofi
- Ullswater Winner: Keeley Runners-Up: Abbie W, Kieran T, Nicholas
- Buttermere Winner: Abbie B Runners-Up: James J, Matty & Kuba, Reon, Josh K
- Elterwater Winner: Toby Runners-Up: Jay Mc, Savannah, Bethany H
- Rydal Water Winner: Jessica W Runners-Up: Nathan, Maddie, Tom S
The Fair followed in the evening with a wide range of stalls, a raffle and a surprise “flash mob” performance from the school choir singing “Bridge Over Troubled Water”.
One success at the Fair was the log in stall for easyfundraising.co.uk which successfully subscribed a number of new parents to this valuable website. If you have not joined yet, please register here
Many thanks to all who came along, donated prizes and contributed to the raffle. Special thanks to Sheila Watson who organised the event, and to Fiona Henderson, Margaret Phillips and Sharon King for all their preparations. The event was a great success, raising £790 for school funds.