North Lakes School has a team of Governors whose main responsibilities are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction for the school;
- Holding the Headteacher and the Senior Leadership Team to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the Appraisal of staff;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure the funding provided is well spent.
They work with the Headteacher to plan for the improvement and development of the school. They visit the school frequently and meet on a regular basis to consider issues of leadership and management, teaching and learning, outcomes for pupils, pupil safety and wellbeing. The Governors’ key aim is to support the Headteacher, staff, pupils and parents in planning and delivering the best outcomes for the school.
There are often opportunities to join the Governing Body and we would welcome expressions of interest from parents who would like to join us to help make a difference to the school. Please contact the school office if you would like to know more
Updated Oct 2018
- Dr Martin Duke (Chair of Governors, Outcomes for Learners Committee; Leadership & Management Committee) - I joined in March 16. Recently retired chemist after 36 yr in industry. Enjoy walking, narrowboats, canals, cooking and all things science.
- Mrs Jackie Alderson (Teaching & Learning Committee; Leadership & Management Committee) I am interested in what makes people tick and enjoy helping others reach their potential. I am married with 2 daughters, a dog and 2 pigs!
- Mrs Christine Mason (Teaching & Learning Committee)
- Mrs Stacey Parkinson (Outcomes for Learners)
- Mr David Hallet (Teaching & Learning Committee)
Local Authority Governor:
- Mrs Liz Appleby (Outcomes for Learners Committee;) joined March 2019, work in Special Education supporting teaching staff in analysing Outcomes for Learners. I love to learn and helping others to enjoy their learning. Very keen sports fan and hill walker.
- Mrs Fiona Askins (Vice-Chair) (Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare Committee; Leadership & Management Committee) - Head of Savings at Penrith Building Society and a member of the Chamber of Trade Executive team. I love family and friends time above everything!
- Mrs Jean Atkinson (Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare Committee) - Governor for 1 year & parent helper in school, enjoying working with happy pupils & friendly staff.
- Mr John Lancaster (Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare Committee)
- Mr Mike Pincombe - Here 8 years & happy with great staff, governors & children. Excited at how school is growing. Love the outdoors, football, music & family time!
- Ms Chris Rollings, Deputy Headteacher (Outcomes for Learners Committee) - Excited by teaching and learning. I enjoy swimming, reading and walking. Committed to inclusion and opportunities for all!
- Mr Nick Capron (Teaching & Learning Committee) - I have been involved in education for over 40 years! I have held senior positions in local authorities in the UK.