North Lakes School has a team of Governors who work with the Headteacher to plan for the improvement and development of the school. They come into school frequently and meet regularly to consider issues of finance, curriculum, staffing and school environment, and are made up of a cross section of parents and community members. They are keen to support the children and parents in planning the best outcomes for the school. A copy of the school’s Complaints Policy is available on the website.
This governors section is currently being updated.
Co Opted Governors:
- Mr Martin Duke (Chair of Governors) - I joined in March 16. Recently retired chemist after 36 yr in industry. Enjoy walking, narrowboats, canals, cooking and all things science.
- Mrs Jackie Alderson (Staffing Committee) I am interested in what makes people talk and enjoy helping others reach their potential. I am married with 2 daughters, a dog and 2 pigs!
- Mrs Christine Mason (Staffing Committee)
- Ms Coral Thwaytes (Curriculum Committee) I want to be able to contribute to our children's education and future. I love spending family time with my partner and 3 children.
Local Authority Governor:
- Mrs Margaret Clark (Staffing Committee) Retired art & design teacher in secondary education. I am honoured to be a governor at this inspirational & successful school.
- Mrs Fiona Askins (Acting Vice-Chair) (Environment Committee) - Head of Savings at Penrith Building Society and a member of the Chamber of Trade Executive team. I love family and friends time above everything!
- Mrs Jean Atkinson (Environment Committee) - Governor for 1 year & parent helper in school, enjoying working with happy pupils & friendly staff.
- Mrs Elena Pop (Curriculum Committee)
- Mr John Lancaster (Environment Committee)
- Mr Mike Pincombe - Here 8 years & happy with great staff, governors & children. Excited at how school is growing. Love the outdoors, football, music & family time!
- Ms Chris Rollings, Deputy Headteacher (Curriculum Committee) - Excited by teaching and learning. I enjoy swimming, reading and walking. Committed to inclusion and opportunities for all!
- Mr Nick Capron (Staffing Committee) - I have been a governor for 3yrs. I have been involved in education for 40 years! I have held senior positions in local authorities in the UK.
- Mr Nick King (Environment Committee) - Ex Head Chef for 10 years & now a network engineer, Governor for 2 years. Love family time, cycling, music and am the singer in a big band.
- Mr Adrian Dargue (Environment Committee)