North Lakes School has a team of Governors who work with the Headteacher to plan for the improvement and development of the school. They come into school frequently and meet regularly to consider issues of leadership and management, teaching and learning, outcomes for pupils, pupil safety and wellbeing. Governors are keen to support the children and parents in planning the best outcomes for the school. A copy of the school’s Complaints Policy is available on the website.
This governors section is currently being updated.
Co Opted Governors:
- Mr Martin Duke (Chair of Governors, Outcomes for Learners Committee; Leadership & Management Committee) - I joined in March 16. Recently retired chemist after 36 yr in industry. Enjoy walking, narrowboats, canals, cooking and all things science.
- Mrs Jackie Alderson (Teaching & Learning Committee; Leadership & Management Committee) I am interested in what makes people tick and enjoy helping others reach their potential. I am married with 2 daughters, a dog and 2 pigs!
- Mrs Christine Mason (Teaching & Learning Committee)
- Ms Coral Thwaytes (Outcomes for Learners Committee) I want to be able to contribute to our children's education and future. I love spending family time with my partner and 3 children.
Local Authority Governor:
- Mrs Fiona Askins (Vice-Chair) (Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare Committee; Leadership & Management Committee) - Head of Savings at Penrith Building Society and a member of the Chamber of Trade Executive team. I love family and friends time above everything!
- Mrs Jean Atkinson (Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare Committee) - Governor for 1 year & parent helper in school, enjoying working with happy pupils & friendly staff.
- Mrs Elena Pop (Outcomes for Learners Committee)
- Mr John Lancaster (Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare Committee)
- Mr Mike Pincombe - Here 8 years & happy with great staff, governors & children. Excited at how school is growing. Love the outdoors, football, music & family time!
- Ms Chris Rollings, Deputy Headteacher (Outcomes for Learners Committee) - Excited by teaching and learning. I enjoy swimming, reading and walking. Committed to inclusion and opportunities for all!
- Mr Nick Capron (Teaching & Learning Committee) - I have been involved in education for over 40 years! I have held senior positions in local authorities in the UK.
- Mr Nick King (Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare Committee) - Ex Head Chef for 10 years & now a network engineer, Love family time, cycling, music and am the singer in a big band.
- Mr Adrian Dargue (Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare Committee)